January 12, 2010

[first]






When the clock strikes midnight on January 1st, not only does it mark the beginning of a new year, but for me, it also brings the expectation of a living room floor littered with paper ribbons and confetti by 12:01 AM.  Exploding party poppers on New Year's Eve has been a tradition in my family forever - I love the tiny thrill of pulling that string, watching the weightless colored streamers fly out, and catching a whiff of the accompanying plume of smoke.  A couple years ago, my dad found a few 8 inch tall poppers from Pier 1 Imports.  Instead of yanking a string, the bottom is twisted and a spring pushes forth a bouquet of shimmering cellophane curled ribbons! These poppers have become our new standard.  My boo, B, and I shot off four this year to commemorate the start of 2010.

No comments: