January 30, 2010

[thirtieth]


The second day in SoCal with K was pretty much devoted to eating, so it's no surprise my photos from that day were mainly of the comida.  The above photo is of lunch: Korean Hot Pot.  I had Kimchi Soup with little hot red peppers, tofu, and bits of beef while K had the Tofu Soup. It came with these delicious side dishes that we split too.



The honorable mentions show breakfast and our after-lunch snack.  We had mango and bananas for breakfast and this particular banana slice looked like it was scared.  Eating tropical fruit in that warm environment made it impossible to think it was January.  K also really wanted to take me to Yogurtland and I'm so glad she did -- It was incredible! So many flavors and toppings! I got Arctic Vanilla, Dutch Chocolate, Coconut, and two other flavors I forgot were in there.  Topped it with mochi balls (mmmmmmm), white and dark chocolate chips, blueberries and, for the first time ever, sacrificed flavor for the sake of a photo: I wouldn't have put M&M's on top, but it added some fun color.

After this we shopped and saw Sherlock Holmes.  It was a great day :)

Written 2/5/10

No comments: