January 24, 2010

[twenty first]



Last year, I got a slow cooker from my folks.  I prepared comforting beef stew several times which was perfect for the autumn and winter nights.  I wanted to get more out of my new culinary best friend so I went to the web for a recipe expedition and found this little gem: Slow & Simple.  After a week of gathering the ingredients, I finally made the Best Yet Chili and it was delicious! I omitted the celery and threw in a can of corn instead.  The only changes I'd make are reducing the amount of cinnamon (I eyeball'd the measurement and it smelled more cinnamony-sweet than I expected) and adding the diced green pepper in the beginning because it was still too crispy for my taste.  I garnished the chili with sour cream, green onion and colby jack cheese.  Not the most heart-healthy, but oh so tasty!

No comments: