January 27, 2010

[twenty fifth]



Any opportunity I have to provide food for a celebration I use as an excuse to bake.  Knowing there was going to be a birthday at work and that I had a neglected box of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder in my cupboard, my brain instantly went to brownies.  I searched the web for recipes and found this one.  This was the first time I'd made brownies from scratch and they came out alright.  They were super dark and although they'd have a great name (Jackie's Blackies), I don't know if I'd use the dark chocolate cocoa again.  They just didn't taste like the classic brownie I was expecting.  I'm thinking I could make the brownie with plain chocolate cocoa powder, but use the same dark chocolate frosting next time.  Oh yes, there will be a next time. 

I had 20 pictures of these two brownies because I wanted an action shot of me powdering the squares, but that didn't exactly work.  Most of them have a flesh-colored blur in the upper left corner.  I still like the result of this photo though, especially since my favorite plate is in it.

No comments: